Police have raided a property in north-west Sydney they believe is a "makeshift stronghold" that was used by the kidnappers of Chris Baghsarian, but the Sydney grandfather is still missing.
A week after the 85-year-old was taken in an apparent case of mistaken identity, NSW Police said they had "located a crime scene in Dural".
"Strike force detective executed a search warrant at the property on Wildthorn Avenue" about 7pm yesterday, NSW Police said.
LIVE UPDATES: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested
Police did not say they had found Baghsarian or taken anyone into custody.
Police will address the media at 10am today.
Robbery and Serious Crime Squad detectives were at the Dural crime scene.
Baghsarian was kidnapped from his home in North Ryde just after 5am on Friday, February 13.
"Early inquiries established that Chris Baghsarian was not the intended target of the kidnapping and had been taken in a case of mistaken identity," police said.
READ MORE: What happens next after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested
Baghsarian's family have pleaded for the elderly grandfather to be released by his captors and police have set up Strike Force Chobat.
"As police continue their intensive investigation to locate Mr Baghsarian and to identify and arrest those responsible for his kidnapping, they are appealing for further public assistance," NSW Police said.
"Anyone who may have seen or heard anything relating to the kidnapping or witnessed any sort of suspicious activity in the Dural area since last Friday is urged to contact detectives."
NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.
- Download the 9NEWS App here via Apple and Google Play
- Make 9News your preferred source on Google by ticking this box here
- Sign up to our breaking newsletter here
from 9News https://ift.tt/J2iyD09
via IFTTT
Comments
Post a Comment